in Productivity, founded in 2012
Nirvana for GTD ®
Nirvana is built by the folks at PeopleLikeUs in lovely Montreal, Canada. (bonjour!)
How to use Nirvana 101
www.nirvanahq.comNirvana or Nirvanahq.com is an online task manager. Here you can create tasks from whatever's on your mind and prioritize them by organizing them into different categories. The Nirvana program is sleek and simple to operate. Once you create an account and log in, you'll be taken to your task managing home page. The panel on the left hand side of your screen is where you can create and organize your tasks.The "inbox" is where you can create tasks as they come to you before you decide where you want to put them. The "actions" section is where you can place tasks depending on their level of priority. "Focus" is where you can put high priority tasks. The "Projects" section is where you can organize tasks into projects, with each project holding multiple tasks. Finally, "cleanup" is where you can view the history of your completed tasks, and delete tasks you've created.To create a task, click the "new task" button at the top. A window will pop open that will let you type in a task name and description. The "tags" option is where you can type in keywords to your task if later on you want to search for tasks by a keyword.On the right, the various dropdown arrows can categorize your task further. Click the inbox dropdown arrow to choose where you want to place the new task. When you finish click "save changes". The task is now created.The next tutorial will explain some useful Nirvana tips.
Nirvana - Feature Index
- To leverage to power of GTD you need to get everything out of your head and into a trusted system (we recommend Nirvana). To prevent you from becoming overwhelmed, use Areas to filter out tasks not relevant to where you are, Work, Home or other areas of your life.
- Nirvana provides multiple ways to capture actions, thoughts and ideas to your Inbox. Keyboard shortcuts, rapid entry typing, via email and mobile apps... the faster you can clear your mind, the sooner you can free your mind for creative work.
- Assign contacts to your projects and to-dos, either as Related-To or Waiting-For. Nirvana can instantly show you the to-dos that involve the people in your life. Never leave another conversation wondering if there was anything else you meant to discuss.
- With just a few clicks of the mouse Nirvana can isolate to-dos based on available time and energy, location, resources, dates and more. It all happens instantaneously and in real time, without having to wait for search results to come back over the network.
- We don't believe in services that lock you in by holding your data hostage. Your data is your data. Export your to-dos and projects from Nirvana in Excel (CSV), XML or JSON formats, any time you want and as often as you like.
- Star or un-star any item to effortlessly add or remove from the list of to-dos you need to focus on right now. Nirvana will even star things for you based on start and due dates, ensuring that you'll never overlook anything that needs to get done.
- Keep track of your accomplishments via the Logbook. Completed items can be deleted of course, but being able to to refer back through time to see when a particular to-do or project was completed comes in handy every now and then.
- Processing your to-dos has never been faster, easier or more intuitive. Drag-and-drop or right-click to move things around quickly. GTD concepts such as Contexts, Energy, Time, Next, Someday, Waiting For and Scheduled activity are all built in.
- Turn any to-do into a Project, and group all related actions required to get to Done. Nirvana will include next actions from your Active Projects to dynamically build up a unified Next list so you can quickly scan all of your available Next Actions in one place.